Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

The night before Christmas Eve, the kids had a sleep over at John and Jenny's.  Matt and I got a evening to ourselves.  I cooked him a special dinner, which was his Christmas present from me.  Lame I know, but we really enjoyed it.
Christmas Eve day we went to John and Jenny's house to join our kids and Kiki for a lovely lunch.   The weather was kind of icky.  It was rainy all day.  But at least the roads weren't bad.  We left their house around 5 pm becauswe I thought I had to interpret for services for my church.  Turns out none of the deaf people came, so I was just another audience member.
After church we came home and did our annual one gift opening.  The kids always open the gift they got from the other.


This year they wanted to let me open the gift they got me.  I was thrilled to see I got Doctor Who season 4 which has my favorite assistant, Donna Noble.

I'm currently loaning it out to Kiki so she can see the rest of season 4.  We are such Sci-fi geeks around here!
Christmas day started late.  Yes, we slept until 9 AM and after some waffles the kids opened their gifts.  After a while I didn't have a living room floor anymore.

It was a very layed back fun day.  we didn't have to stress about running around to other peoples houses or cook extravagent meals.  We got to simply enjoy one anothers company and stay in our pajama's most of the day.  Except for Sam who had to put on the sweater Grandma Rose gave her.

1 comment:

  1. Awe, that's so sweet! I don't think that's lame to cook him a nice dinner. Well, I am a romantic at heart so sue me.

    Doctor who season 4!!!! YOU. ARE. SO. LUCKY!

    Glad you guys had a blast. :o)

    ReplyDelete