Friday, January 1, 2010

Ringing in 2010

Several churches in our area along with the Athletic Club hosted a free New Years Eve bash.  Matt volunteered to work the Cake Walk game for 2 hours.  Turned out to be a favorite since kids won cookies, and cupcakes instead of cheap prizes.  Then we went swimming.  Not a very big pool either.  There were a lot of people in that tiny pool.  I end up getting smacked in the face with a one of those small footballs while I was trying to put on Zach's goggle.  It protected most of my face but slamming into my lip.  thankfully my lip just swelled a little and didn't produce a cold sore like I feared.
By the time we were done with the pool, showers and getting dressed it was almost 10pm so, we went out to eat at Taco Bell.  Except for Zach; he wanted scrambled eggs.  After we were all done eating we had a Dr Who marathon of season one of the new series until midnight.  We had a very anticlimactic end to 2009.
I'm so glad this year is over.  Can't wait to be able to vote some these yahoos out of office!  Hopefully I'm not alone, otherwise I might just pull my hair out.  Doyle isn't running for reelection YAY!  So, the Wisconsin gubernatorial race should be instresting.  I'm praying someone who believes in smaller government will step up to the plate.  Thanks to Doyle everyones car insurence premiums went up.  He just had to pass a law that everyone has to have car insurence.  Government should never force the public to buy anything; it's unconstitutional.
So good bye 2009, thanks for the laughs and lessons.  Hello 2010, don't hurt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment