Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The charmer

Sam is my cuddlier. She loves to be read to, she gives out hugs and kisses several times a day as well as love notes that seem to litter my house. She can charm the pants off of anyone. She has been known to use this charm to get stuff. If I have to tell her "no" to a request she usually responds with "That's okay mom. I love you." Then, sometimes she will proceed with a compromise. Oh, she's good. It works mostly with Daddy. Matt even admitted to me, that was true. I'm a little tougher for her to crack but, she does try. The other day, she was having a difficult time with her English lesson. Not that it was hard to learn, but it involved a lot of writing and she just didn't want to do it. She tried her most useful strategy, "compromise with a hug." She wanted to only do one page instead of the usual two pages. It was tough, but I stayed firm. She dawdled for about 2 hours on this subject. Finally, Zach brings down a note from Sam That reads: "I love you Mom, can I do just one page?" I stuck to my guns, and said no. Sam was flabbergasted. I left the room to do dishes and unbeknown to her, I could hear her whine to Zach. "I told Mom I loved her and she still won't let me do just one page." HA! Sorry honey, not going to work on me and Daddy's at work.

1 comment: