Friday, December 18, 2009

Nutcracker Ballet

Sam, her friend, Nina, and I went to Nutcracker Ballet this afternoon at the Overture Center in Madison WI. Act one was really good and the girls loved it. We had fantastic seats. Second balcony right in front. Act two, well, didn't seem to go with act one. It was like a spring theme. Now, I'm not exactly an art connoisseur. Maybe I missed something. It just seemed like they need to fill the time with something. Sadly, I would say I saw a better Nutcracker Ballet in little old Wausau Wisconsin's Grand Theater, years ago. You would think Madison's art community could have done better. And what was up with the multiculturalism? I don't remember that being in the story line. Not that it was awful or anything. It was a different take on it I guess. When the girls and I discussed the ballet, we all agreed we liked the first act better and Nina said she got sleepy during the second act. Granted, she is 6 and her attention span isn't like an adult, but I got drowsy too. Thank goodness, the tickets were free!

No comments:

Post a Comment