Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009


Thanksgiving, what can I say. It was a blast as usual. This time we had the added bonus of meeting my new niece, Sydney for the first time. Oh, what a doll. She's such an easy going baby. Well, from my perspective anyway. Though, I don't have to do midnight feedings or chance dirty diapers. I love the age of my children!
Well, my mom and dad, (mostly Mom) hosted Thanksgiving for the whole Prahl side of my extended family. Yeah, their house is too small for that many people. Mom said next year we are all just going to do our individual family. I think, that will workout better for everyone. My mom doesn't need that kind of stress anyway.
The next day, we did the gift exchange for just my family and like usual, my mom refused to follow the gift suggestion list. She had my name this year so I got a griddle (not on the list) but I don't mind. It totally comes in handy for big breakfasts I make for my family. Wow, I didn't realize how great it was to do 6 pancakes at a time instead of one at a time. Enough on my lame excitement for cooking appliances. The kids got more Webkinz from Aunt Laura. Even though I said no toys. Who am I kidding right? They also got pajamas which they really needed. Sam loves her's a little too much. She insists on wearing them every night. Which means they get washed a lot and already have a small hole forming. I will attempt to stitch them soon. I'm no pro with a needle and thread. I got some awesome pictures of my dad getting his gift. His face was hilarious, but I promised him I wouldn't post it on here, sorry folks.
We got to hear all about Jacobs buck that he got during deer hunting. I want to say it was a six pointer. Ugh, I'm sure someone in my family will correct me. See this is what happens when I put blogging off for weeks at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment