Saturday, July 23, 2016

Recovery

I realized I never updated on my recovery. So here it is.
I would say as of the 2nd week of July all the symptoms of my relapse have completely subsided. Yay!! I was healed in 6 weeks!
I honestly didn't noticed that I didn't feel a hint of weekness or numbness until someone asked how my recovery was going and I had to check myself. I feel a bit ashamed that I didn't praise God earlier. But I'll be doing that now. Better late than never. Throughout my flare-up I had a peace that I would recover. Never doubted it. Admittedly, I was impatient at times. Here are some scripture verses that kept me in check when I would become frustrated with how slow my healing was going.

 Psalms 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him"
Romans 12:12 " Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
Psalms 94:19 "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy."
2 corinthians 12:9 "...'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
All of Psalms 31
There are more but to be honest the Bible has so many encouraging and comforting verses I might as well just link the whole book! Biblegateway.com

I experienced things during my relapse that I can only attribute to God. One man from church, Tim, smiled at me when I walked in to church with my cane and eye patch the first Sunday after my flare-up and said, "That explains it!" When I ask what he meant he told me the Lord pressed upon him to pray for me, for healing and for strength and peace for my husband. He knew nothing of my MS flare-up prior to that.
Neurologist, nurses, and other doctors all told me that if I do recover it could take 3-6 months. I told them I felt that God would heal me faster than that. I told them of my prayer warriors and the trust I had in God's timing.

I have joy about my suffering that confounded some people. If there comes a time when MS causes symtoms that I can't recover from I will praise him still. I'm not boasting about my faith for I am a weak and fallible human being. I will boast about Him though and his great power and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment