Friday, July 29, 2016

MS appointment

Got to see Dr Luzzio today for my MS check-up along with an intern. They had me do most of the usual physical testing: walk fast down the hall, hop on each foot, touch my nose and then the interns finger -You know, the drunk test. Then we discussed any symptoms I'm currently having. right now, I have this annoying itchy/tingling sensation on my left cheek. I keep feeling the need to wipe my cheek which temporarily soothes the area, but it always comes back.
Anyway, We discussed what went wrong with Copaxone and what to do next. My reaction to Copaxone may be link to hypersensitivity. He said he didn't like how my recent MRI looked and that I need to be on some kind of MS drug, but none that involve needles because those are administered too fast and my body doesn't like that. So we are looking into Tecfidera. I don't know how I feel about it. It is pills instead of shots so that's a plus. It has some side effects. Some mild and some alarming. If I go on this medication I would need to visit the neurologist in 3 months and then every 6 months to make sure I don't show signs of liver damage or a brain infection. Have I mentioned that I miss drinking parasites? They never threatened to damage major organs.
Anyway, with all injection medication off the table I'm left with fewer options. I think I'm going to give this a try. I just pray I don't react as badly as I did with Copaxone. In order to be put on Tecfidera they have to test my blood and make sure my body can except it. I will know in a few weeks if I will be taking it.

Philippians 3:20-21New International Version (NIV)

20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
I anxiously await the day for His return! That new body is gonna be sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment