Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wausau trip with Mabe


Drove Mabe to Wausau to see John and Jeff Duranso.  Lori and Lisa were away on a church trip.  While up there my grandfather anointed my head with oil and prayed over me.  It was really spiritually moving for me and the kids.
The next day, Jer and Laura invited us to go tubing.  Mabe and John were invited to join us.  It was a blast.   John was the bravest of all the kids!  He was the first one to get on the tube.
When the ride was over the tube dipped forward, flinging him into the water!  So Mabe joined him for the next ride to make him fell safer. 



It was Mabe's first time tubing and by her multiple fist kisses (sign for "love it") it was pretty clear she was having a great time!

John raved about it so much Sam was next to jump at the chance but she wanted me to go with her.  No problem I was totally game for that!

Typical adventurous Sam loved every minute of it!  She kept wanting Uncle Jer to kick it up a notch.
Since she was now confident and comfortable with tubing I got off so she could ride with cousin John.
the bumps were their favorite!
Zach was with us as well, but he was dead set against trying it.  We all tried to convince him but he said he preferred staying in the boat.  So Mabe and I got on together.  Jer took this opportunity to drive a lot more crazy!  It was so fun!
Jer also had water skis and asked Mabe if she wanted to give it a try.  She was braver than I and gave it a try.
It didn't go as well as she hoped.  Whenever we would get started the water was spraying up into her face and nose so she would let go.  We all know how uncomfortable water up the nose is. OUCH!  She tried several times before giving up.  She does want to try this again sometime, but will use a nose plug next time.
After seeing all the fun everyone was having Zach finally gave in and went on, as long as I went with him.  It didn't take him long to confess he loved it.  He said to me while on the tube. "I can't believe I was afraid to do this!"
Now that Zach was on board with the tubing fun.  All three kids rode together til we had get off the lake.

Can't wait to be able to do this again!  I really hope Matt can do this with us next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment