Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Savings as income?!

So, we are thinking of buying a $3,000 plasma tv.  I really want it.  I think we deserve it.  I see other people have them why not us?  So, we increased our budget.  True, we haven't incresed our income, but no matter we have credit cards.  Oh and you haven't heard the best part, the tv is on sale from $4,000!  So, as I see it we will be saving $1,000!  We have to get it now before the sale runs out because if we don't we will be missing that $1,000!
By now you must think I'm crazy.  Clearly, I'm being facetious.  Most hard working sane people would never put themselves in that kind of debt or count a savings as income.  So why is it okay for the government to do that to this country?!

“We’re not going to save our way out of this recession. We’ve got to spend our way out of this recession.” – U.S. Majority Whip Jim Clyburn

 My plasma tv story would be worse if I added that I got the credit card in my childrens' name and expecting them to pay for it!  This is what is being proposed to be done to us.

The White House acknowledged that the federal government will run huge deficits for the foreseeable future, including a record $1.55 trillion deficit in 2010, although President Obama will try to reduce that figure to a still-staggering $1.2 trillion deficit in the budget he submits to Congress on Monday.
Trying to get a handle on spending while pushing for the economic recovery to continue, Mr. Obama will send Congress a $3.8 trillion budget for fiscal 2011  - Washington Times Feb 1, 2010: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/feb/01/white-house-unveils-38-trillion-budget//print/

Are we going to just allow this? Or are we going to demand real "change."

No comments:

Post a Comment