Sunday, February 14, 2010

Home school groups Valentine's Day party and a funny update.

We went to the annual home school group Valentine's Day party last Thursday.
Sam is with her friend Nina here.

There was treats and even healthy food.  Lots of games and Valentine Box contest!
Zach is pictured here with his "Outer Space" themed box.

Sam's is the "USS Sam Baierl" - The love boat.

We didn't win any of the contests.  But oh well, we had a great time.  Here are some of the awesome creations.  There were some doozies!
 
Leave it to home schoolers to make over the top Valentine's Day boxes!
Zach and Sam are already planning for next year to make theirs bigger and better!  I'm sure it will involve some paper mache and a destroyed kitchen!

Now on to my update.  I had written about my children's learning styles a month or so ago.  Well, I made the mistake of telling my kids their learning styles.  They both agreed that my assessment was correct.  Sam likes to be around people to learn and Zach likes to be alone to learn.  Now they use this information against each other.  Last week I hear Zach yelling at Sam to be quiet or leave so he can do his spellng. Sam pipes up and says, "Zach, you know I need to be around people to learn."  Which Zach replies, "Yeah, and I need to be alone to learn!" *Insert eye roll here from me*.  Lord, give me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment