Wednesday, June 6, 2018

First Ocrevus (oak•ra•vus) infusion

The first thing they had me do when I arrived for my infusions at Meriter, was take Tylenol and Benadryl pills. I haven't taken Tylenol in years because it really doesn't do anything for me but make my ears ring louder than tinnitus. Then, Nurse Amy, blew my vein in my left arm putting in the IV. I warned her that the left arm is usually fickle so she switched to the right, where she struggled with that one too and had to have another nurse come in and use this cool device that shows my veins. Eventually/painful, she got it in. I got light headed and threw up. Model patient.
They decided to skip the Tylenol since I puked it up and they think my allergy to it may be part of the reason I puked. It might be due to her digging around in my arm and sucking at hitting a vein, but whatever it was, luckily it cleared up. 
Then they gave me liquid concentrated Benadryl in my IV which made me very dizzy and sleepy. I napped off and on but someone was in my room every 15 minutes checking vitals and meds. 
At around noonish I started having trouble breathing - like asthma attack bad. Nurse Amy gave me more steroids in the IV until it went away. It's a normal side effect to feel a little out of breath while getting the Ocrevus infusion. But feeling like an elephant is sitting on your chest is something they needed to fix. Even a baby elephant wasn't allowed to stay. They also decided to dilute the meds since my body wasn't handling the strong medicine very well. Yeah, that is the reason I reacted so violently to Copaxone
After I was finally able to breathe normally, they gave me more concentrated Benadryl and I was doozing again. Needless to say, no binge watching anything was gonna happen. When I was finally all done nurse Amy said I'm probably going to feel wiped out for the rest of the day and possible tomorrow too. Great. 
Plus, lucky me, I got my period while at the infusion center and a migraine to go with it. Which causes a problem because I'm supposed to report any cramps and/or headaches that last longer than a day because it might be due to Ocrevus. Well now they won't be able to tell which is causing them.
Dumpster Fire.🔥 🔥 🔥 Burn, baby, burn. 🔥 🔥 🔥


No comments:

Post a Comment