Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Prism Sticker

Got me a prism sticker from for my glasses!

It takes some getting use to but I shouldn't have to use it forever. This is just until my vision corrects itself.
Here is the low down.
The lesion is right around the visual cortex for my left eye.

Here is a diagram on how the brain connects the eyes. For all you biology students out there, you remember that the left eye connects to the right side of the brain and vise versa.

The ophthalmologist didn't want to do anything invasive since my eyes look healthy and they believe  it will heal fully in about 2 to 3 months. For now I will use the prism sticker on only the left lens of my glasses to reduce my double vision.

The prism sticker doesn't give me perfect vision. I still see double when I look all the way to my left. There are different ranges for prisms. If I look all the way to my left I would need a 30 strength prism were if I look all the way to my right it's a 0. So they went with 12 for a happy medium. It works enough so that I see a single image when I look forward. Especially far away. close up is not a problem. Because it's a sticker, like a window cling, it does make my vision sorta blurry for my left eye.
All in all, I'm thrilled! While Joe drove me home I loved looking around and seeing God's beautiful creation. I certainly have learned to cherish my vision and thank the Lord for his complex and wonderful design.

Oh, and of course having a blast with this awesome dude! Thanks for driving me Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment