Tuesday, December 20, 2011

4th HINT observation & MS support group

Almost there!  One more trial and then I get worms!  Give me an internet *five*!  Anyway, I'm happy to report that today's MRI appointment was uneventful and only took 2 hours.  My shortest appointment yet.  The needle went in like knife to butter without a hitch too.  The only hiccup was I had to pee during the MRI so bad my eyes were turning yellow.  Yes, I went before they put me in the machine and yes, I took my meds that morning.  It didn't matter.  So after they put the contrast in they let me out to got to the bathroom.  Then, we finished the rest of the MRI.
After picking the kids up from Jenny's and feeding them supper, I went to my first MS support group meeting called "Circle of Hope" that meets once a month.  It was a small group, but everyone was very friendly and welcoming.  Confidentiality is very important so I won't go into detail about the group.  I will say, I ended up feeling like the guess speak for the evening.  I was new, so they wanted to get to know me which meant they asked and I answered their questions.  I got to talk about the HINT trial which, as most of you know, I love talking about.  And of course interpreting and homschooling came up too.  It was more uplifting than I thought it would be.  I was scared that if I met people who suffer severely with MS it would freak me out.  But, everyone was so ...normal.  It was comforting to be around people who understand what I'm going through.  I will try and make it back there next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment