Thursday, September 15, 2011

Matt's scary almost accident!

I got these emails this afternoon from Matt:


Somebody tried to cross into my lane.
Which would have been fine if it hadn't been the exact same space I was occupying!
 
A few seconds of squealing tires and a dizzying 360 degree view of the highway later, I was stopped in the far left lane, perpendicular to the shoulder, while traffic backed up to the right of me.
 
...Good times.  Good times.

But losing control of the car while it spins around and back and forth across three lanes of interstate is enough to keep one's hands shaking well after it happened.
It's funny.  My life didn't flash before my eyes.  The only thing on my mind was what death would feel like.  Because I thought for sure it was about to happen!  Ha!

Thankfully no one was in either lanes by him!  We thank the Lord for protecting him!  He didn't even get hit by that driver who, by the way, kept on driving.  His car did shut off, but after letting it cool down a bit, it did start again and he even made it on time for work.  So many factors worked in his favor. No other cars next to him, not winter, and everyone behind him stopped and went slowly around him.  I can't praise the Lord enough that he is safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment