Friday, June 25, 2010

Cashier compliment

The kids and I went on an errand run the other day to Walmart.  I was there for necessities, the kids had their own money they wanted to spend.  Zach had been collecting coins from on the street for months.  He said the fair was like a gold mined!  Yeah I know, I'm a terrible mother who lets her child pick up coins from the ground.  But this kid picked up $7.10!  How can I deny him his resourcefulness?! 
Anyway, at the check out-line Sam decides to get a treat for her best-friend Lily because she has enough money.  however, she forgot about tax.  Zach had already finished his purchase and when he heard that Sam was short.  He, without hesitation, got out money for her even though I was ready to pay the difference.  He tells me, no that he will get it.  So I let it go, and then it's my turn.  The cashier asks, "by chance, do you homeschool?"  I said, "Yes, why? Cause they are handling money?"  She said, "No.  It's the way they treat each other with such love and respect.  I just notice that homeschooled kids are more like that."  Wow, what a pleasant compliment! 
I am pretty blessed to have two kids that really get along together so well, being of opposite gender and 2+ age gap.  Zach just last week got really hurt when Sam told him she would rather clean her room with Lily than play a game with him.  He asked if Lily could go home so he and Sam could have some time together.  We have a rule now that Lily can't come over on Sundays anymore because that is family day.  Thanks Zach for reminding us the importance of quality time.

No comments:

Post a Comment