Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cranky neck explaination

I think I need to explain why it seems my neck has been waging war on me lately. I was in a car accident when I was, I think nineteen. And like the Taliban, it hid, waited, and plotted it attack. See, I never went to the hospital after the accident, in which my head slammed into the windshield and I got whiplash. Oddly enough, my head didn't hurt that much, but the next day my neck felt like I got a round house kick from Chuck Norris! I still didn't go to the hospital because I didn't have insurance. So I just let it heal; which it did and I felt fine for years. Okay, fast-forward to when we moved into our first home. After all the moving and lifting I was in intense pain like I had whiplash all over again! I would cry the pain was so bad. Well, this time I had insurance so I went in. Doc told me, that because I didn't take care of my neck when the injury first happened, my neck will be susceptible to relapse for the rest of my life! Now, I hope that explains why I seem to be injuring my neck so much. Oh the joys of an older body and I'm not that old! Shesh, if this keeps up, I'm gonna fall apart before I hit my 40s!

No comments:

Post a Comment